Application Information for Camp Attitude 2020
Camper registration for summer 2020 is now CLOSED
- Step 1: What is Camp Attitude’s Summer Camp Program?
There is a lot that goes into our camps each year. Please click here to be directed to our webpage with that information.
- Step 2: Do you qualify? ADMISSION PROCESS
This is one of our most Frequently asked questions, please review our Admissions Policy below to find out if your family qualifies for our program!
CAMP ATTITUDE – ADMISSION POLICY
Camp Attitude’s mission is to provide a traditional summer camp experience for children (and their families) who are unable to attend a typical camp due to more involved special needs. The following policies guide the admissions process for Camp Attitude:
- A child’s eligibility to attend Camp Attitude is based on the honor system. We do not ask families for verification of medical status. Campers are accepted on a provisional basis for their first year of attendance at Camp Attitude. The opportunity to attend in future years will be at the discretion of the executive director or assignee with input from staff. The severity of each camper’s needs, ability to attend a traditional summer camp, family situation and financial status should all be taken into consideration for this purpose.
- Due to limited space and high demand, Camp Attitude is not able to serve everyone who wants to come each summer. Our priority is to welcome as many new families to camp as possible each year.
- The application window for the following summer will on the first Monday in November each year. Late applications will not be accepted. The process of registering and assigning families (based on priorities defined above) will not begin until after the application window has closed.
- Each camp family is allowed to bring two adults and all siblings living in the same household as the special needs camper(s). Families may bring an additional person to support a camper’s medical needs only if approved in advance by the executive director.
- The registration fee for camp families is nonrefundable. Under circumstances of extreme financial hardship, a scholarship can be considered at the discretion of the executive director or assignee.
- Camp Attitude reserves the right to remove approval if deemed that requirements for camp have not been met.
- Step 3: What week would be best for you?
Adult Week(s): Requires camper to be 18 years or older at time of Camp. Camper required to have Caregiver/Parent(s) attend with them. All Other Weeks: Requires camper to be at least 3 years of age. Parent(s) required to attend. Note: Any exceptions must be approved by Camp Attitude’s Executive Director.
-Please look at the following dates to see what you would prefer.
Week 1 June 21 – 26 Youth Week Week 2 June 28 – July 3 Youth Week Week 3 July 5 – 10 Youth Week Week 4 July 12 – 17 Adult Week Week 5 July 19- 24 Youth Week Week 6 July 26 – July 31 Youth Week Week 7 August 2 – 7 Youth Week
*** Staff Inservice will be June 15th and 20th
- Step 4: How Does the Registration Process work
Our registration process opens Monday Nov. 4th, at noon (PST) for Summer 2020.
You will need to fill out an application and complete all the steps to be considered for acceptance. Once you have completed those steps, we will then review and send out a status email based on our Admission’s Policy listed above.
Things to know before applying:
1) There is a $25 per person registration fee. If this is a hardship for your family, please contact our office to discuss scholarship options.
2) Our camp is designed as a family camp. Due to the high demand of applications, we ask that you register only 2 adults and siblings currently living at home with the camper.
3) Any applicant’s 18 and over will be required to complete a background check.
4) You can fill out up to 6 people on the application. If you need to register more than 6 people, fill out 6 people on one form and complete payment. Then, go back and open another form and finish filling out the rest of the applicant’s.
- Step 5: Registration is Closed